Monday, December 9, 2013

2013 In Review

2013 was a busy year for me. Although the majority was spent in jail, I was able to use that time to expand my knowledge & write. Jail has been an unfortunate part of my reality, and I became determined to not let it be time wasted. It was inspirational to me to find that the prison administrators read my old blog and were unsettled by it. Suddenly it was clear that I need to use my voice, lay out my experience to the public. As mentioned several times, this blog is simply a rough data dump for me...I am working on refining this material for publication.

I was able to further my relationship with my daughters this year. That in itself has been a great experience...I am very proud of them, and who they are becoming. I am truly blessed to have two smart, beautiful, vicious daughters. They are both developing into free thinkers, and I look forward to seeing them rule the world!!

I have been poison free for 20 months. The chemical tether is cut...I have simply lost interest.

Buddhism has been good to me. Through many hours of study and real life application I feel that there has been a breakthrough in understanding. I have always known that we create our own reality, but Buddhism and meditation has given me a structure to do that in. My teacher, Sivali has been a patient and kind teacher and I owe him a deep and sincere gratitude.

New Castle Change has been a great experience for me...I have met a group of people who share the urgency for change that I have known through out life. It is inspirational to be a part of such a good group of people.

I have met some great people this year, too many to name personally, reconnected with some real and true friends and family. For all of you I am eternally grateful.

There has been loss as well and I want to take this opportunity to say that Carl Opperman, Jimmy Sullivan, Big Buddha(Butler, Pa.), Frito Valcin, Zack Frobe and Brad Wroblewski will all be missed. I will remember your lives fondly. Lou Reed & Nelson Mandela...obviously not people I know, will also be remembered for the way that they touched my life through music and political action respectively. Sleep well.

Going into 2014, I hope that everyone is peaceful, happy and well.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment