Tuesday, October 1, 2013

9-11-01 to 9-11-13

I remember not being confused. I wasn't exactly surprised...I'd seen too much to be surprised, but I remember wondering what people hoped to accomplish by attacking the most dominant military country in the world. I remember thinking that it would have made more sense to attack a less civilian target(I wasn't aware of the Pentagon being hit yet).

I watched the news with unattached interest. Muslim Jihadists? Ok, sure I'll play along.

9-10-01 No one gave a shit about their country and Dubya was an unremarkable new president.

9-11-01 Everyone was plastering US flags on everything and Geo. W Bush was THE best thing since The Gipper.

Here's to instant Patriotism, loss of freedom in the name of "safety", and fanaticism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment