Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4th 2013

Just a few thoughts:

I have been out of jail for about 3 weeks now and I am still adjusting. Not to mention the fact that I haven't spent any significant time here in New Castle since the late 90's. Everything is as different as can be. This is a good thing. New Castle itself is in some sort of rebirth. This little Rustbelt city that I have equally sought for comfort from and been at war with all my life seems to be making a turn for the good. Since I have decided to dig in here, I am glad that things have changed...of course the Lower East is a war zone, there is still an air of corruption but tell me where these things do not exist.

I am embarking on a new project today. Self-publishing. A few friends of mine have published on Lulu and it sounds like an option. The first project there is to pour back over my journals from jail, sift my memories, and interview a few people that I did time with...putting together a more cohesive account of the Butler County experience. 

There has been a story sauntering through my mind...about a magician in modern times. I am headed to the library shortly to do some research, and try to see the direction of the tale. 

The universe conspires with me, as it does with all creative people who realize their calling. 

I wish wellness, happiness, and peace to everyone who reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment