Monday, September 30, 2013

An Angel

The first thing you must understand is that I cannot describe her beauty. I can conjure it in my mind, I can feel it. But I can only give you an approximate translation. 

We were children when I knew that I would love her forever, we were adults when I knew that we could never be together. Not in the way other couples were together. Our lives would intersect at various points. Our eyes would meet, our bodies and souls intertwined temporarily. But in the end our separate paths would, of course, separate. We would go parallel. 

She looked like an Angel to me. Dark honey glow, amber eyes and loose ringlets framing her face; a halo of black silk...gifts from her Thai mother and Black father. 

She knew something about everything. Her hands adept at creation. 

She is the only woman in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment