Monday, September 30, 2013

Zack Frobe

Frobe passed away last week. The usual culprit, heroin, was his killer. People are speculating about his intention...it doesn't matter, the kid is in the ground. 

I met Frobe in 2010/11 when I was in BCP. He was young and inexperienced. He wanted to fit it. We were not friends at first. 

Frobe was back in, or still in, when I came back in Sept 2011. We did close to 90 days together that time. We were on D Pod, then A Pod. This is when we became friends. 

He reminded me much of myself at his age. He felt put upon and at odds with a world he didn't fully understand. I gave him a copy of Catcher in the Rye...he not only enjoyed it, but he understood it. I think he related to Holden because he loved his own sisters so much. 

I can proudly say that Frobe was my friend. He made me laugh and I will miss him. I hope he found a moment of peace before he died, he deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment